Aquatic Center Reopening + Fed Court Ohio Cards + DeWine School Safety
Hello friends. I’m right on time with your new copy of the Marietta Daily, full of everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Here is the truth…
First, today’s weather forecast:
A brief morning shower or two. High: 74 Low: 55.
Here are today’s top stories at Marietta:
- The Marietta Aquatic Center opens its doors today for the summer season (WTAP)
- A federal court has intervened in Ohio’s legislative redistribution process. They ordered Ohio to implement a set of maps that an Ohio Supreme Court ruling ruled unconstitutional. (State News)
- Ohio Governor Mike DeWine is asking for funding to make public schools safer. (State News)
- Nearly $200,000 in scholarships has just been awarded by the Washington State Community College Foundation. (Parkersburg News)
- The Women’s Giving Circle donated $7,000 to three local non-profit organizations (WTAP)
Today in Marietta:
From my notebook:
- Mariette Ohio: “Mayor Schlicher encourages all Marietta residents to take advantage of this program. #MyMarietta #AllOutCleanOut” (Facebook)
- Marietta Noon Lions: “Our club has been working on a passion project, which is now on display. Individual sponsorships are still available (only 35 available) by contacting us at [email protected] or 740-891-6067. Join us Monday for the Memorial …” (Facebook)
- Main street of Marietta: “Check out our calendar of events for 2022! Mark your calendars and plan to join us for an amazing summer. Keep an eye on our social media pages, you never know when another event will pop up!” (Facebook)
- Marietta College: “Baseball: Marietta Super Regional POSTPONED #EttaExpress #PioNation #BringForthAPioneer #d3baseball” (Facebook)
- Marietta College Softball: “Concluding our May birthdays, senior Emily Callam. Happy birthday, Em! ” (Facebook)
- Marietta/Belpre Health Department: “Pool and water safety is very important! We never think that drowning or a water-related accident could happen to us, but it can! Here are some essential tips to keep pools safe. kids around and at the pool! Visit the links below for more tips and what to…” (Facebook)
- The Castle – Marietta, Oh: “We have a number of opportunities in addition to serving as a tour guide where you can volunteer your time and talents to make the castle even better. Find out how to join our team! https://mariettacastle.org/support/ volunteer/ ” (Facebook)
- Next door neighbor, rural veto: “If anyone has seen a much loved little stuffed lamb at Aldi or Walmart in Marietta or Kroger in Belpre and returned it to lost and found or retrieved it please let me know. – My 3 year old years old did some shopping with his grandfather and now Lambie…” (Nextdoor)
Alright, you’re all caught up for today! I will see you soon.
— Christopher Schmitt
About me: Hi, I’m the Community Editor for Patch.com/marietta. I have lived in Marietta most of my life. I graduated from Ohio University’s EW Scripps School of Journalism in 2014. I wrote for a community newspaper before moving to New York to be a national correspondent for IHeartRadio. I look forward to bringing my experience home and providing Marietta with the exceptional journalism she deserves. You can email me at [email protected] or call me at 740-516-4969.