Community Tree Planting + Earthquake Maps + Weekend Events
Happy saturday, The Mesa-Mount Helix! Let you all know what’s going on locally.
Are you a local business owner or distributor at La Mesa-Mount Helix? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly cloudy all day. High: 77 Low: 61.
Here are the best stories today in and around La Mesa-Mount Helix:
- The Urban Corps of San Diego County, representatives of The Mesa and tree San Diego organized a community tree planting event at Aztec park in The Mesa. The free event gave residents the opportunity to plant and learn about proper tree care and maintenance while helping to build an urban forest. (The Mesa-Mount Helix Patch)
- About 6.3 million rental households nationwide could be evicted in the near future, despite the availability of significant government funding for rent assistance. More than 1 in 10 San Diego County rental households were in arrears in early August, according to a new county-by-county analysis by Surgo Ventures, a nonprofit that uses data to analyze health and social issues in communities. It is estimated that 71,843 (13.7%) tenant households are in danger of eviction. (The Mesa-Mount Helix Patch)
- New published maps of earthquake prone areas are intended to ensure new construction in San Diego does not take place at the top of seismic faults that could break the surface. Developed by the California Geological Survey, these regulatory maps of the Alquist-Priolo Seismic Fault Zone detail where local governments should require site-specific geological and engineering surveys for proposed developments to ensure this hazard is identified and avoided. (San Diego Patch)
- Missed the headlines? Take a look at some of this week’s stories about police, firefighters and courtrooms from all over San Diego County. (The Mesa-Mount Helix Patch)
- Are you looking for things to do? See what’s coming up this weekend in San Diego County and Southern california. (Encinitas Patch)
Today at La Mesa-Mount Helix:
- German-American Oktoberfest 2021: El Cajon. (noon)
- Household Hazardous Waste Event – City of La Mesa. (9h00)
- An evening under the stars. (6 p.m.)
La Mesa-Mount Helix Patch Notebook
- La Mesa Chamber of Commerce: “Join us at the 13th Annual Local Heroes and Installation Tribute Dinner! A celebration that honors and recognizes first responders from our La Mesa Police, firefighters, paramedics, the healthcare industry and our retired senior volunteer patrol. ” (Facebook)
- San Diego County Library: “Have you checked out the 2021 One Book One San Diego Stellar Picks? They’re available right away!” (Facebook)
- San Diego Public Library Foundation: ” Questions ? Of course you have questions. What do you know. The library will have answers. (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
Please follow and stay informed! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. Send them this link to subscribe.
– Kristina houck
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming La Mesa-Mount Helix Daily? Send an email to [email protected]