Maps: Containment of mosquito fires amid September rains
Containment is still 39% and the fire currently occupies approximately 76,290 acres.
FORESTHILL, Calif. — According to the Sacramento National Weather Service, a flash flood watch is in effect through Tuesday evening for the Mosquito Fire scorch scar.
The Placer and El Dorado County Sheriff’s Offices have downgraded many evacuation orders and warnings. Containment is still 39% and the fire currently occupies approximately 76,290 acres. 78 structures were destroyed in the fire and 13 structures were damaged.
Crews took advantage of the cooler temperatures and higher humidity to create direct lines of control on the east side of the fire.
The Placer County Sheriff’s Office lifted more evacuation orders than evacuation warnings on Tuesday, allowing the following areas to repopulate:
- Zone 6A – Corner of Elliott Ranch Road and Foresthill Road
- Area 21A – East of Humbug Ridge, West of Westville, South of North Fork of the American River, North of Foresthill Rd
- Area 25A – East of Humbug Ridge, Sawtooth Ridge to North Fork of American River
- Zones now open without restriction:
- Area 2 – Baker Ranch MHP
- Zone 5 – Black Oak Ridge Road, Blackhawk Road, Ebbert Ranch Road, Old Ebberts Ranch Road
- Zone 6B – Finning Mill Rd to Sugar Pine Rd to Elliot Ranch Rd to Foresthill Rd, Big Reservoir Rd, Giant Gap Rd, Hollow Log Rd, Prospect Rd, NF-10
- Area 21B – East of Sugar Pine Reservoir, West of Humbug Ridge, South of North Fork of American River, North of Elliott Ranch Rd
- Area 25B – West of Humbug Ridge, Sawtooth Ridge to North Fork of American River
Please enter your address into our live map to see the current status of your area.
Placer County released a map showing the specific damage caused by the fire. El Dorado County also released a map showing the specific damage caused by the fire.
Live Evacuation Maps
Placer County Sheriff’s Office evacuation map (you must click the “I understand” box to use the map):
Evacuation map from the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office (you must click on the “I understand” box to use the map):
STAY INFORMED WITH ABC10:
► ABC10 In your inbox: Sign up now for our daily newsletter for local headlines, weather, tips and even something to put a smile on your face.
► ABC10 on demand: Access our local news, live programming and weather with the free ABC10 app for Roku and Amazon Fire TV.
- Rocklin: Sierra College at 5100 Sierra College Blvd
- Cameron Park: Cameron Park Services District at 2502 Country Club Drive
- Overnight shelter, meals, showers, limited health services and trailer parking will be provided. Animals in cages and cages will be accepted.
- Placerville: Green Valley Community Church at 3500 Missouri Flat Rd.
- No large animals or no birds. Limited RV parking and no hookups
For large and small animals:
- Gold Country Fairgrounds, 209 Fairgate Road, Auburn, CA (large and small animals, livestock ok)
- Diamond Springs Shelter, 6435 Capitol Avenue, Diamond Springs, CA (small pets only)
- Rancho Murieta Equestrian Center: Call 916-985-7334 for information (equines only)
- Flying M Ranch, 5421 Buck Mountain Road, Placerville, CA (large pets only)
Map of fires
This map from the National Interagency Fire Center shows fire activity (may take a few seconds to load):
Watch more on ABC10 | California wildfires: Floods and mudslides worry about burning scar from mosquito fires