Marietta Movie + Warrant of the Week + More Deleted Cards
Hi there! I’m here with your fresh copy of the Marietta Daily, filled with all the community news you need to know right now.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A gusty thunderstorm in the afternoon. High: 80 Low: 64.
For local businesses and merchants: AttracOhio Casting more customers at Marietta by sponsoring this daily newsletter, which is read by the same people you are trying to reach. Click here to find out more.
Here are today’s top stories at Marietta:
- A film company is looking for a supporting actress to star in a medical sci-fi film. (Ohio Cast)
- Tara Renee Jenkins is the Washington County Sheriff’s Office Warrant of the Week. She is wanted for drug trafficking. (WCSO)
- The Ohio Supreme Court has struck down yet ANOTHER set of maps for the state’s new legislative districts. A 4-3 Supreme Court ruling says the cards give Republicans an unfair advantage. (State News)
- Washington State Community College has received more than $300,000 in state funding to improve campus security. (WTAP)
- A 31-year-old Belpre named Tytus Shields will spend up to 29 years behind bars for trafficking fentanyl. (Marietta Times)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Whether you’re working from home or streaming your favorite movies, the new Ring Alarm Pro gives you an internet connection you can rely on, while keeping your home safe.
To learn more about the innovative security system, or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Marietta:
From my notebook:
- Memorial Health System: “We especially congratulate our former high school interns who are graduating this month! We wish you the best in your future projects! #ClassOf2022 #Graduate #Interns #LiveMemorialWell #ExpectMore” (Facebook)
- Marietta Area Chamber of Commerce: “We just had a member check in with Hensler’s Town & Country and they have an assortment of all kinds of summer treats! If you haven’t already, stop by to pick up some fresh, local produce, beautiful flowers or some of their famous Amish C…” (Facebook)
- The Castle – Marietta, Oh: “Applications for History Camp Counselors are due by 4 p.m. this Friday, May 27! The role combines the fun of being a camper with gaining valuable leadership experience. Limited positions for Counselors juniors and seniors are available and are evaluated…” (Facebook)
- Memorial Health System: “From COVID relief to the emergency fund for cancer center patients, Memorial Health Foundation has had a busy fiscal year in 2021! Learn about their extraordinary efforts to support our region in the latest issue of Community HealthLine > chl. mhsy…” (Facebook)
- Marietta/Belpre Health Department: “It’s that time of year when we all ask you to mow at least once a week! Sometimes more! Mowing is one of those ‘adult’ chores we just can’t live without! don’ts about mowing the lawn. Vi…” (Facebook)
Thanks for following and staying informed! I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow with a new update.
— Christopher Schmitt
About me: Hi, I’m the Community Editor for Patch.com/marietta. I have lived in Marietta most of my life. I graduated from Ohio University’s EW Scripps School of Journalism in 2014. I wrote for a community newspaper before moving to New York to be a national correspondent for IHeartRadio. I look forward to bringing my experience home and providing Marietta with the exceptional journalism she deserves. You can email me at [email protected] or call me at 740-516-4969.
Do you have a topical tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Marietta Daily? Contact me at [email protected]