Police Log + Earthquake Maps + Weekend Events
Happy saturday, Imperial Beach! Let you all know what’s going on locally.
Are you a local business owner or shopkeeper at Imperial Beach? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly cloudy all day. High: 71 Low: 62.
Here are today’s best stories in Imperial Beach and the surrounding area:
- Around 6.3 million rental households nationwide could be evicted in the near future, despite the availability of significant government funding for rent assistance. It is estimated that 71,843 (13.7%) of San Diego County renter households were behind on rent payments in early August, according to a new county-by-county analysis by Surgo Ventures, a nonprofit that uses data to analyze health and social issues in communities. The estimated number of households in arrears has declined since July, when around 74,311 were in arrears. (Imperial Beach Patch)
- The port of San Diego recently secured $ 150,000 in funding from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Marine Administration META program to study eelgrass carbon sequestration in San Diego Bay. The one-year cooperative agreement will examine how eelgrass stores carbon and how it can support efforts to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions. (The newspaper)
- New published maps of earthquake prone areas are intended to ensure new construction in San Diego does not take place at the top of seismic faults that could break the surface. Developed by the California Geological Survey, these regulatory maps of the Alquist-Priolo Seismic Fault Zone detail where local governments should require site-specific geological and engineering surveys for proposed developments to ensure this hazard is identified and avoided. (San Diego Patch)
- Missed the headlines? Take a look at some of this week’s stories about police, firefighters and courtrooms from all over San Diego County. (Imperial Beach Patch)
- Are you looking for things to do? See what’s coming up this weekend in San Diego County and Southern california. (Encinitas Patch)
Imperial Beach Patch Notebook
- Imperial Beach City Government: âReminder of the closure of Palm Street from Seacoast to 3rd Street for Monday, September 27! Detours will be posted! ” (Facebook)
- San Diego County Library: “Have you checked out the 2021 One Book One San Diego Stellar Picks? They’re available right away!” (Facebook)
- San Diego Public Library Foundation: ” Questions ? Of course you have questions. What do you know. The library will have answers. (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. Send them this link to subscribe.
– Kristina houck
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Imperial Beach Daily? Send an email to [email protected]