View Georgia Power Macon GA Power Outage Maps
Thousands of Maconites are without power as heavy storms continue to move through the region on Tuesday.
Georgia Power reports 50 outages affecting more than 7,000 customers in central Georgia on its outage map. The utility company currently estimates that power will be restored to those customers by 7 p.m. Tuesday.
For more information on outages, visit Georgia Power’s Outage and Storm Center website.
The Peachtree City office of the National Weather Service has issued multiple tornado warnings for the middle Georgia region.
Part of Wimbush Road is closed, including Old Lundy Road and just north of Windsor Road due to road debris including trees and power lines. There is another closure at King Alfred Drive and Victoria Circle near Wimbush Road.
Georgia Power recommends the following safety tips:
- Watch for fallen wires. Downed power lines can be hidden by debris or fallen trees.
- Never touch a fallen wire or try to pull tree branches from power lines – it can kill.
- Avoid chain link fences. They can be electrified by a line dropped out of sight and conduct electricity over great distances.
- Move. Pay attention to line crews and field personnel working to make repairs and restore service to customers. Georgia Power is covered by the move to the law that requires drivers to provide a buffer to allow crews to work safely.
- Call 911 or Georgia Power if you encounter downed power lines or an unsafe situation.
This story was originally published April 5, 2022 4:02 p.m.