Weekend weather concerns for Mosquito Fire | Evacuations, Maps
Stronger winds are expected to arrive in the area on Saturday, which could kick up embers and create spot fires despite forecast rains.
FORESTHILL, Calif. – The Placer County Sheriff’s Office released a Damage Inspection Report (DINS) for structures damaged by the Mosquito Fire Friday night.
The report highlights the results of the inspection of every structure within the perimeter of the fire on the Placer County side.
The wildfire is burning in El Dorado and Placer counties and has grown to nearly 70,000 acres, officials said Friday morning. Containment of the blaze is still at 20%.
Officials say stronger winds are expected to arrive in the area on Saturday, which could kick up embers and create spot fires despite forecast rains.
No new warnings or evacuation orders were issued. Georgetown has been downgraded from an evacuation order to an evacuation warning and residents can repopulate.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Pacific Gas & Electric said unspecified “electrical activity” occurred shortly after the fire was reported.
Live Evacuation Maps
Placer County Sheriff’s Office evacuation map (you must click the “I understand” box to use the map):
Evacuation map from the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office (you must click on the “I understand” box to use the map):
STAY INFORMED WITH ABC10:
► ABC10 In your inbox: Sign up now for our daily newsletter for local headlines, weather, tips and even something to put a smile on your face.
► ABC10 on demand: Access our local news, live programming and weather with the free ABC10 app for Roku and Amazon Fire TV.
- Rocklin: Sierra College at 5100 Sierra College Blvd
- Cameron Park: Cameron Park Services District at 2502 Country Club Drive
- Overnight shelter, meals, showers, limited health services and trailer parking will be provided. Animals in cages and cages will be accepted.
- Placerville: Green Valley Community Church at 3500 Missouri Flat Rd.
- No large animals or no birds. Limited RV parking and no hookups
For large and small animals:
- Nevada County Fairgrounds at 11228 McCourtney Road, Grass Valley Check-in at Gate 8
- Placer County Animal Services Center at 11232 B Avenue in Auburn
- No birds/chickens due to bird flu
- Gold Country Fairgrounds, 209 Fairgate Road, Auburn, CA opens September 14
Map of fires
This map from the National Interagency Fire Center shows fire activity (may take a few seconds to load):
For a Waze map with current road closures, click here.
California wildfires | How firefighters stay in firefighting